I’ve been on the design house scene for the better part of a year now. As a new team member joins the company today, it brings to mind some questions I wish I would have asked prospective employers during my interview:
- How often do developers get new workstations?
- Do your devs have dual HD monitors?
- How would you rate your office internet access on a scale of 1-10?
- What does the process of reporting weekly time look like? Can I watch someone enter their time right now?
- What versioning system will I be required to use for each project, if any?
- What training & professional development resources do you offer? Does this include attending conferences?
- Do I have the option of working on a Mac or are you PC only?
- Can I speak with your best developer about the competency of your team on the whole?
- When is the last time someone was fired, and what were they fired for?
- Can you give a synopsis of the best project and worst project of this past year, and how they earned their titles?
Anyone else have questions they would have asked?